“Magical, ground-breaking - the range, energy and quality of work was astonishing.”
- Director, Castaway Goole, 2015
“A triumph... something that I will cherish for a very long time.”
- Alan Lane, Slung Low, Director TimeOut 2014
"Sarah is the Director I go to when I want to be challenged as an artist. She has a clear directorial vision, but is willing and more than able to work closely with a team and writers, getting the best out of them and their work.”
- Dr Sarah Jane Dickenson, playwright, 2015
“A beautifully judged piece of interactive outdoor theatre.”
- Claire Symonds, Producer, Lowry Manchester, TimeOut, 2014
“An excellent director in her own right and a hugely inspiring and engaging collaborator, with boundless creative skill, ambition and belief in people. She works with a high degree of professionalism, dedication and integrity.”
- Anna Webb, Artistic Director, Engine Room, 2016
“Watching Sarah Davies' rehearsal process reveals the levels of challenge and sophistication involved, as she enables every actor to contribute. I was seeing and hearing Shakespeare in a new and closer way. A very skilled practitioner."
- Stephen Ward, Emeritus Professor of Education, 2015
Awards for direction
• Royal Shakespeare Company, Goodbody award for Directing, 2010
• Theatre Innovation, 2010
• St Hugh's Foundation with Engine Room & Castaway, 2012.
REYTA Remarkable Passion for the Arts Award Finalist 2016
CV on request.